So I created this picture using a wide variety of techniques!
I started of with some flower shapes and some colours that I was attracted to. I had in mind to do mini fairies floating in between the flowers but I changed my mind!
I played with some old stamps, just trying to get some interest down.
I am following Lifebook at willowing.ning and the last lesson was really inspiring. Jenny Doh explained her process which was really loose and intuitive! It was great to watch and something I would like to play around with more.
So my picture looked like this and then I opened it up in Procreate. This is the first time that I have created a character entirely on screen. I usually have some basic structure in place first.
I felt like it needed a focal point though and so I went for it!
I got to this stage and it still wasn't working for me. I quite liked it, but it didn't feel true to me and so I wanted to add something else!
I actually added the bottom half of one of my pictures! This was a new thing for me as I hadn't considered using old work to create something new!
It grounded the picture really well and created a story. I then just added some highlights to the flowers and blended in any unnatural edges.
It's a bit crazy that you can't see hardly any of the original, but there is a slight hint here and there!
I am linking this project up with Kim Dellow 'Art it Friday - show your face' http://www.kimdellow.co.uk/
And also with the exciting 'Something Old Something New and Digital too!
Hope you enjoyed my little experiment! Have a great weekend!